Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rogan's Glunk Glunk Blanket

I decided to make a blanket for my little guy that had his favorite animal on it. When I went to the store to buy fabric he held on to a bolt of fabric and hugged it and said "glunk glunk" over and over again, so it was decided! I was hoping this would be a quick project and it really was but it took me awhile to figure out how I was going to add a crocheted edge around it. The fabric it so fluffy that I couldn't see where to put my needle when I was doing the stitching around. It ended up looking really uneven, but I I was reminded that it's a "hand craft" and I'm not too much of a perfectionist, so I left it messy. Picking out the fabric and yarn took about 1 hour (we had to wait that long for my fabric to be cut), looking stuff up ideas on the net took about 1 hour, and actual work time took about 3 hours...so total time about 5 hours. Not too bad! I got everything on sale so it cost no more than $8.00. I plan on giving to it him on November 2nd for his 17month birthaversary. We celebrate each month on the second (because he was born on the second) just for the fun of it. :)

 

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I think it's neat that it's a wavy edge. I know it's not what you had in mind but . . . fun anyway. I'm amazed you could find fabric with cute frogs and so soft, too. He'll LOVE it, if it goes anything like it did when he saw you working on it.

    ReplyDelete