Saturday, October 9, 2010

Prayer Cards

The first project that I did with my big shot was not a simple card, instead I tackled a full on project of making 72 prayer cards for the womens retreat. These cards were made so that we each could take one home with a name on it and pray for that person through out the year.

There were four different color schemes that I chose with the help of my husband. He's very good with colors so I took him along. :) He did a good job!
With Cina's help we cut and embossed the main piece of the cards.

I then cut a 2 inch strip of decorative paper and glued it to the page. I also cut a 1/4 inch strip of the same paper I used for the pansy to go underneath the 2 inch strip to add depth.
Then came the pansy! This shows what a  beautiful and intricate shape the die cutter can make. I had to do a little cutting with scissors, but it wasn't tedious.







A

























The next thing to do was to cut out all of the little decorative labels. I used a die cut for these as well.   

Once they everything was cutout it was time to glue everything together with my new glue stick. (I would suggest that if you do a lot of card making or scrap-booking...or what ever that you invest in one of these)








































Then last, but not least...a bow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment