Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Cards to Share

For my mother-in-law's birthday I made her a card. One of her favorite things is her grandson so I decided to make him the center of the card. It was a hit not only because it turned out cute but because it will always be a reminder of how tiny our little Rogan once was.







For Rogan's first birthday I wanted to hand make all the invitations. I had something simple in mind with a small amount of cutting and pasting. I made a big mistake though and brought my husband along for the trip to the store to pick out the supplies. He, being the genius that he is, came up with this elaborate design for the invitations. I toned his plans down a little and this is what I came up with...

 
It took a weekend and one sleepless night and I had 20 invitations! Although I had a ton of fun making these, I'll probably go with something a little simpler for next years party.

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the card! One of these days I'll get it in a little frame and up on the wall. And the birthday invitation might just have to have a frame too. Just love the fun stuff you do. :-)

    ReplyDelete